957 New COVID-19 Cases, 11 Deaths Confirmed
Health CS Mutahi Kagwe has announced 957 new COVID-19 cases in the last 24 hours from a sample size of 5,559. The country’s caseload is now at 72,686.
On a sad note, 11 patients have ideally succumbed to the virus bringing the tally for fatalities to 1,313.
2,616 patients have also recovered and discharged bringing the tally for recoveries’ to 49,878.
Earlier, acting director of health Patrick Amoth revealed that managing an asymptomatic COVID-19 patient cost approximately Sh21,000 per day.
Further, Amoth stated that severe cases cost Sh51,684 per day on average while critical (ICU) cases cost Sh71,283 per day.
“65 percent of these costs are contributed by PPEs,” he said.
- Breaking: Kenya records 247 new cases of Covid-19 in the country today
- Coronavirus: Kenya records 7 new deaths, 561 cases and 355 recoveries
- Coronavirus Update: Kenya Records 16 New Deaths, 644 cases and 1,060 Recoveries
- Kenya Records 278 New COVID-19 Cases
- COVID-19 Cases in Kenya: Kenya records 404 new cases, 527 recoveries and 11 deaths