Do you want to send money from Mpesa to PayPal account?
It’s very easy to top up your PayPal account via Mpesa.
Follow the below steps to send money from Mpesa to PayPal account easily:-
How to send money from Mpesa to Paypal
The top-up service to PayPal allows you to top up funds from your qualifying M-PESA account to your linked PayPal account to shop online or make payments with PayPal.
Please note that relevant transaction charges apply.
- Log in to your PayPal account on https://www.paypal-mobilemoney.com/m-pesa/.
- Select Top Up to Paypal to proceed.
- Enter the amount in USD that you want to top up.
- Click Calculate to get the equivalent amount in KES that you will transfer from your Mpesa account.
- Go to your Mpesa menu.
- Select Lipa Na Mpesa.
- Select Paybill.
- Enter Paypal Paybill number: 800088.
- Enter your phone number as the Account Number.
- Enter the Amount you are transferring.
- Enter your Mpesa pin.
- Confirm the details if correct.
- Confirm Mpesa transaction.
You will receive an SMS confirmation that xxx US$ was added to your PayPal balance.
You can also check the status on the Transaction History page.
N/ B: A 4% conversion fee on the deposited amount applies.
Mpesa to Paypal charges
These are the charges you will incur when you use the Mpesa Paypal service.
- For withdrawal from Paypal to Mpesa, 3% of the amount converted from USD to KES will be charged.
- For top-up from Mpesa to Paypal, 4% of the amount you are sending to your Paypal account will be charged.
How to link your M-PESA account to your PayPal
First, You need to have registered PayPal and M-PESA accounts.
To register a PayPal account visit (www.paypal.com) and to register for M-PESA, visit any M-PESA agent outlet across Kenya.
To link your M-PESA account to your PayPal account follow these steps
- Visit PayPal’s M-Pesa page by typing in https://www.paypal-mobilemoney.com/m-pesa.
- Log into PayPal using your PayPal username and password
- Agree to PayPal’s terms and conditions for the service.
- Add the M-PESA number you want to link with PayPal
- PayPal will send an SMS verification code to your M-PESA number
- Key in the verification code PayPal sent you on your M-PESA account and completed the linking process
- You have completed the process of linking PayPal to Mpesa!
How to withdraw money from PayPal to M-Pesa?
After you have linked your PayPal account to M-Pesa, you can withdraw from PayPal to the Mpesa account.
They will convert the amount from USD to Ksh and transfer it over to your Safaricom MPESA account.
Follow these steps to withdraw money from a PayPal account:-
- Go to https://www.paypal-mobilemoney.com/m-pesa
- Log in with your PayPal user details.
- Select Withdraw from PayPal
- The next screen will show you the Available PayPal balance in your account.
- Enter the amount you would like to withdraw and click. Continue to Withdraw.
- They will send the money to your M-Pesa account in a few minutes.
The maximum amount per transaction is 150,000 KES; you can’t withdraw any amount larger than this
How much does it cost to send money from Mpesa to PayPal?
It costs a 4% fee to load Paypal from Mpesa in addition to the Paybill fees.
What is the Mpesa to Paypal Paybill number?
Mpesa to PayPal Paybill Number is 800088.
How long does it take to send money from Mpesa to Paypal?
Top-ups to Paypal are processed in real-time but sometimes may take up to 4hours to be processed.
What is the maximum amount I can withdraw from PayPal or Top Up via Mpesa?
Current M-PESA transaction limits apply. (Kes. 70,000 per transaction and Kes. 140,000 per day.)
- How to link your PayPal account to M-PESA
- How to Fuliza M-Pesa
- Nic bank Paybill 488488
- How to Pay Tala Loan via Mpesa Paybill Number 851900
- Deposit Money into Stima Sacco Account via Mpesa Paybill number 523500