Governors’ Salary in Kenya
Counties are geographical units within the country. They came into existence due to the new 2010 constitution of Kenya. You can check out this list of all county governors in Kenya that got elected in August 2022.
It contributed to the formation of each county government in the forty-seven regions.
The governor is the chief executive of the county.
All members of the county executive committee are answerable to the governor.
The duties of the governor include:
- To preside over the official opening of the county government
- To oversee the implementation of county legislation
- To supervise the management of county departments
- To chair county executive committee meetings
The county governments have the responsibility to provide services to the community within their jurisdiction. The functions of the county government include the following:
- Collecting revenue
- Providing health services
- Building and maintaining roads
- Proving nursery and primary schools.
- Collecting garbage
- Providing sewerage and drainage services
- Providing clean water
- Allocating land for special uses
- Protecting public land
- Passing by-laws
Apart from all the duties the county governors perform, they are one of the highest-paid public servants.
The Salaries And Remuneration Commission (SRC) has set the governor’s salary and allowances at Ksh 924,000 per month which includes a basic salary of Ksh 554,000, and a house allowance of Ksh 200,000, and Ksh 170,000 for market adjustments.
|County Governor Salary and Allowances|
|Basic Salary||Ksh 866,000|
|House Allowance||Ksh 300,000|
|Market Adjustment||Ksh 170,000|
|Total Salary Per Month||Ksh 924,000|
That’s it, you can comment below on what you think about your county governor’s performance.
- Best Hotels in Kitui county within Kitui Town
- Best Performing Extra County Schools in Kitui County
- List Of UDA Elected Governors 2022
- List of Best Private Hospitals In Kitui County.
- UNIVERSITIES/COLLEGES AND VOCATIONAL TRAINING CENTRES IN KITUI COUNTY.