E-bill is an electronic bill querying service from Kenya Power. It allows you to check your electricity account balance and bill due date any time, by SMS or e-mail.
How E-bill Works
E-bill SMS Service
The E-bill SMS service allows you to query your electricity account balance and bill due date using your mobile phone. Follow these easy steps:
- Open a new SMS message.
- Type the first part of your account number in the message field. For example, if your account number is 998877-01, just type 998877.
- Send this message to 95551.
- In a few seconds, you will receive an automatic reply with your account balance details. This service works for Kenyan networks. It is charged at Kshs. 5/- above the normal SMS rates.
E-bill e-mail Service
The E-bill e-mail service enables you to check your electricity account balance and bill due date via e-mail. Here are the simple steps to follow:
- Open a new e-mail message.
- Type the first part of your account number in the subject field. For example, if your account number is 998877-01, just type 998877.
- Email the blank message to bill(at)kplc.co.ke Within a few minutes you will receive an automatic reply with your account balance details and payment due date.
It is important to key in the correct account number and follows the procedure of sending the message in order to get a positive response. Also note that despite the introduction of E-bill services, your detailed electricity bill will continue to be dispatched through your postal address.
How else can I get my bill?
We have upgraded our Customer Management System. The system will result in new account numbers which will be communicated to each customer via SMS. The system is state of the art, versatile, with robust web-based and mobile applications aimed at enhancing customer services and experience, by improving service delivery, with the following benefits:
• Immediate update of bill payments. This is a departure from the past where payments through our third party EasyPay partners would take over 24 hours to be captured and reflected in the system.
• Introduction of new bills payment channels such as the use of credit and debit cards. This will be in addition to already existing EasyPay partners.
• Introduction of Self-service modules where customers can apply for electricity connection, query bills, check statements, download and print bill statements, check consumption patterns/trends, lodge queries on power supply among others.
• Improve response time as customers can report incidents through the new system.
Can I get my bill from a KPLC customer service office?
Please use the new system at https://selfservice.kplc.co.ke/ to get your bill.
How do I query a bill?
You can query your bill at any of our banking halls around the country. Please confirmed your current meter readings (simply take the reading from the meter installed on your premises). This will give any of our staff assisting you with an idea of just how much power you have consumed.
You can also check your bill using the link provided on our website.
- How to Buy Kenya Power (KPLC) Prepaid Tokens via M-PESA Paybill Number 888880
- kplc paybill number
- How to load your pre-paid electricity token
- Best Time to Buy KPLC Tokens
- 52 Weeks Savings Challenge