Current Safaricom Mpesa charges for sending and withdrawing money through a Safaricom agent, ATM and M-pesa tariffs when transferring cash both to registered and non-registered Mpesa users. All Mpesa deposits are free. There are no Mpesa charges when buying Safaricom airtime through Mpesa.
Mpesa is one of the top ways to get paid online. The low Mpesa charges have helped freelance workers make money online from home. They get paid to write through part-time jobs. Data entry home jobs are one of the ways to make money online from home
The many profitable business opportunities in Kenya have made mobile money payment popular. Mpesa registration is free and there are no charges when you generate your Safaricom Mpesa statement. However, Mpesa charges and rates went up a little in July 2018.
This is after Treasury CS Henry Rotich increased excise duty on all mobile money transfers by 2 percent, to the current rate of 12%. According to the CS, some of the extra revenue that the Kenyan government will collect through this increase in tax will be used to provide support for social development programs. These include universal healthcare.
Safaricom Mpesa Charges 2019
|Min (Ksh)||Max (Ksh)||Transfer to other M-PESA Users||Transfer to Unregistered Users||Withdraw From M-PESA Agent|
Safaricom Mpesa Withdrawal Charges for ATM
|Mpesa Transaction Range (Ksh)|
|Min (Ksh)||Max (Ksh)||Mpesa Charges|
Other Safaricom Mpesa Transaction Charges
|Mpesa Transaction||Mpesa Charges (Ksh)|
|Change M-PESA PIN||22|
|Register for M-PESA||0/FREE|
|Check M-PESA Balance||1|
- Maximum Account Balance allowed is Ksh 100,000.
- The maximum Daily Transaction Value is Ksh 140,000. Maximum per transaction is Ksh 70,000
- You cannot withdraw less than Ksh 50 at an M-PESA agent outlet.
- To transact, your Safaricom line and M-PESA account must be active.
- At an agent outlet, you cannot deposit money directly into another M-PESA customer’s account.
- You earn Bonga points when you transact on M-PESA.
- To register or transact at any M-PESA Agent outlet, you will be required to produce your original identification document, i.e., National ID, Passport, Military ID, Diplomatic ID or Alien ID/Foreigner Certificate.
- Vooma KCB: How it works, Loan Mpesa Withdrawal
- SBM Bank Paybill Number: Deposit Money from Mpesa to SBM Bank
- Chipper Cash – Send and Receive Money Across Africa
- ABSA Bank Paybill Number: Deposit Money From Mpesa to ABSA Bank
- Kava loan app, Register, apply and repay the loan via Mpesa