If you’re self employed you will need to do the contributions submission yourself. If you’re employed your employer will handle that.
It can happen through to the self-employed that you miss sending contributions to NHIF for any reason. If this happens for more than a year, your NHIF card will be inactive and you won’t get any medical funding in case of anything.
How to Activate NHIF card
If you’ve never submitted your NHIF contributions for 12 months, you can activate your card as follows;
- You will need to pay kes 1500
- Continue making contributions for 60 days
- After the 60 days, you’ll then be eligible to get medical funding
- How To Check NHIF Contribution Status
- How To Add Adopted Children To NHIF
- How to Pay NHIF Via Mpesa Paybill number 200222
- How to Activate GOTV after Payment, GOTV Activation After Payment
- Faiba bundles