The Ministry of Health on Friday, July 3, confirmed 247 new cases of Covid-19 in the country, bringing total cases recorded so far to 7,188.
The new cases were recorded from 4,147 samples tested in the last 24 hours, bringing the total samples tested in the country to 180,206.
Of the new cases, 242 are Kenyans while five are foreigners. 164 of the positive cases are male while 83 are female. The ages of the new cases range from a one-year-old with the oldest being 100 years old.
It was announced that 39 patients had been discharged from hospitals, bringing the total number of recoveries to 2,148.
The death toll from Covid-19 in Kenya rose to 154 after two more fatalities were confirmed.
Health CAS Rashid Aman noted that most people who have succumbed to the Covid-19 virus have underlying diseases such as cancer.
Please wash hands and sanitize! Stay safe!
- 957 New COVID-19 Cases, 11 Deaths Confirmed
- Kenya Records 278 New COVID-19 Cases
- Coronavirus Update: Kenya Records 16 New Deaths, 644 cases and 1,060 Recoveries
- COVID-19 Cases in Kenya: Kenya records 404 new cases, 527 recoveries and 11 deaths
- Coronavirus: Kenya records 19 new deaths, 1,048 cases and 326 recoveries